Maintaining your vehicle regularly is crucial to make it function without problems just like the day you bought it. A properly maintained car will also make your vehicle run better in the long run. Not only that, but it will also stay in good shape. With that being said, you must pay attention even to the tiniest issues of your vehicle and fix it as soon as possible. Proper maintenance also keeps the resale value of your vehicle high just in case you have plans to sell it in the future.
Vehicle maintenance isn’t that hard. You can just go to an automotive repair shop or just fix things on your own (if you know how). It’s also easy to follow maintenance when you understand what that particular type of “maintenance” can do to your vehicle.
In the case of fuel injector cleaners, this is a kind of maintenance most car owners tend to overlook. So how important it is to use fuel injector cleaners? And what problems arise when not using such? Let’s find out down below.
Symptoms of Not Using a Fuel Injector Cleaner
- One of the common symptoms car owners probably notice when not using fuel injector cleaners is probably the way their car drives. Fuel is the one responsible to make your car run and they go through fuel injector nozzles in order to operate. If left uncleaned, these fuel injector nozzles will get clogged which means that the ratio of gasoline and oxygen is not on an optimal level. As a result, the engine will start to behave differently than it used to be.
- Once this happens, you will feel that your car has standard engine issues or transmission issues. Acceleration is hard to perform and the engine will start to stutter and misbehave. You will then hear some unusual noises coming from the engine especially during idling, speeding up, and slowing down. And the worst part about that is the car will completely stall.
- Running the car at high speeds will result in poor performance. As if the car has notably less power and will be pretty slow to accelerate even at higher speeds. It will also struggle at freeway speeds which can be a bit nerve-racking.
- Having clogged fuel injectors also means lower efficiency. This is more noticeable when you’re at a gas station. No matter how much gas you put into your car, it will still run poorly and won’t go far as many miles per gallon of gasoline.
What Happens If You Don’t Use Fuel Injector Cleaners?
- If ever you feel a decrease in performance when driving your vehicle, chances are there are damage occurring on its insides. And the fuel injector system is most likely where the damage happens. These aren’t just small issues that you need to skip, they’re actually red flags that will lead to larger issues if not addressed as early as possible.
- Once the fuel injector nozzles are clogged, their performance will slow drastically that may lead to malfunctioning in the long run. Too much clogging will get to the point that it will be difficult to clean the nozzles. And this is a sign that a replacement will take into place. Keep in mind that replacing a nozzle must be done entirely, and not only one at a time. Which can be costly and time-consuming.
- These dirt and other debris that clogged your nozzle not only stays there, but it will get into the engine sooner. Once they reached the engine, it will cause scratching and fiction that can lead to various problems within the engine.
The Danger of Turbocharged Vehicles
- Turbocharged vehicles are well-loved by a lot of sports car enthusiasts. But not cleaning those fuel injector nozzles on them can result in even bigger issues compared to “normal” vehicles. Turbocharged vehicles heavily rely on the combination of gasoline and oxygen. So once the fuel injectors are clogged, it will result in detonations to the engine that can lead to severe damage if not addressed.
It’s Never Too Late to Take Action
- The symptoms mentioned earlier are red flags for a much bigger problem. But it’s never too late to do something about it. You can take action as early as now to avoid further issues. If you ever notice some symptoms on your car that was mentioned above, then grab a fuel injector and clean its nozzles before it’s too late.
- It’s always ideal to regularly
maintain your car for optimum performance. As soon as you noticed something is
not right with your vehicle, quickly perform a fuel injector cleaning process
before permanent damage will take into place.
Regularly maintaining your car should be part of your routine, and fuel injector cleaners are no exception. They may be easy to overlook and forget about, but the issues that lie underneath is one thing that we should definitely avoid. Using a fuel injector cleaner is easy, and you’ll have a better performing car in no time. So what are you waiting for? Start cleaning your vehicle’s fuel injector nozzles today!